Your donations help us to provide support, education and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ community, their families, friends and allies. Together we can make a difference. PFLAG is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.
Use this link to make an online donation.
Or you may mail your donation to:
PO Box 1333
Wheaton IL 60187-3333
In addition to hosting programs at our monthly meetings, our on-going projects include:
Bronze level support for the 750 Club Apartment Adoption Project who work in partnership with the AIDS Foundation of Chicago to provide stable housing for homeless Chicago youth who are either working or in school at least part time. There is a special focus on LGBTQ youth but the program is not exclusive.
Donations to support LGBTQ youth enrolled in 360 Youth Services Transitional Housing Program.
- School outreach: Visits to GSA chapters of local junior and high schools, school administrators, school nurses, and librarians. Provided panelists for A Day in the Life of Transgender Students: Creative Approaches to Teaching and Parenting Elementary, Middle and High School Youth.
- Sponsorship of informational booths at local LGBTQ+ events and resource fairs including Plainfield Community Resource Fair, 23rd Annual MBLGTACC conference at Illinois State University, Big Gay Gathering at Elmhurst College
- Panelists for various events including West Suburban Call to Action, Glenbard Parent Series at College of DuPage
|Working the PFLAG booth at the MBLGTACC Conference|
- Participation in the Chicago PRIDE Parade, AIDS Walk Chicago, and in the Wheaton Fourth of July Parade. In 2017 we joined the Naperville Labor Day Parade and in 2018 we joined the first ever Aurora Pride Parade
PFLAG members from several chapters of the Northern Illinois Council gather together to march in the Chicago Pride Parade
- Attendance at national events including the Out and Equal Summit, and the PFLAG National Convention
- Movie Nights - Lady Valor: the Kristin Beck Story, and Milk
- Maintain a large library of LGBTQ+ books and videos for member use