PO Box 1333
Wheaton IL 60817-3333
We will soon have a method to donate to PFLAG DuPage online but until then you can donate to the PFLAG Northern Illinois Council using this button:
In addition to hosting programs at our monthly meetings, our 2015 projects included:
Bronze level support for the 750 Club Apartment Adoption Project who work in partnership with the AIDS Foundation of Chicago to provide stable housing for homeless Chicago youth who are either working or in school at least part time. There is a special focus on LGBTQ youth but the program is not exclusive.
Donations to support LGBTQ youth enrolled in 360 Youth Services Transitional Housing Program.
- School outreach: Visits to GSA chapters of local junior and high schools, school administrators, school nurses, and librarians. Provided panelists for A Day in the Life of Transgender Students: Creative Approaches to Teaching and Parenting Elementary, Middle and High School Youth.
- Sponsorship of informational booths at local LGBTQ+ events and resource fairs including Plainfield Community Resource Fair, 23rd Annual MBLGTACC conference at Illinois State University, Big Gay Gathering at Elmhurst College
- Panelists for West Suburban Call to Action, Glenbard Parent Series at College of DuPage
|Working the PFLAG booth at the MBLGTACC Conference|
- Marched in the Chicago PRIDE Parade, AIDS Walk Chicago, and in the Wheaton Fourth of July Parade
PFLAG members from several chapters of the Northern Illinois Council gather together to march in the Chicago Pride Parade
- Attendance at national events including the Out and Equal Summit, and the PFLAG National Convention
- Movie Nights - Lady Valor: the Kristin Beck Story, and Milk
- Maintain a large library of LGBTQ+ books and videos for member use